Terms and Conditions of Warranty
- Doors are covered against any manufacturing defect that would occur under normal wear and tear for a period of 5 Years. Care should be taken with heat sources like ovens and hobs and around water. Doors include the accessories – Cornice, pelmet, Decor panels and plinth. Doors and accessories should be cleaned using a damp cloth and if necessary a very mild detergent. - See Caring for your Doors in the Help and Support section of our Website.
- Laminate Worktops and Upstands are covered against any manufacturing defect that would occur under normal wear and tear for a period of 1 Year. Worktops and Upstands should be cleaned using a damp cloth and if necessary a very mild detergent. - See Caring for your Worktop in the Help and Support section of our Website.
- Sinks and Taps are guaranteed as per the manufacturerr’s warranty. The installation of replacement sinks and taps are not covered by this Warranty.
- Installation of the kitchen and all associated trades are not covered by this Warranty. This includes Plumbing, Electrical, Plastering, Joinery, building and Tiling.
- Lighting fixtures are covered for a period of 1 Year, excluding bulbs.
- All other accessories are covered for 1 year.
- Electrical Appliances are covered by individual manufacturer’s warranties. Where required, Customers should contact the Appliance Manufacture quoting the Appliance Make, Model and Serial Number to arrange for an Engineers visit. It is the customer’s responsibility to complete and send all Electrical Appliance Warranty Cards for new appliances to the manufacturer at the time of installation.
Exclusions: This warranty is null and void if any person, alters the warranted products without the prior consent of The Kitchen Yard. This warranty does not apply in relation to any damage to the warranted products caused by any of the following;
- wear and tear suffered through normal use (including scratches and cuts) or damage caused by impacts or accidents;
- use of inappropriate chemicals;
- mistreatment, negligent use or misuse;
- insufficient or improper care (including inappropriate use of cleaning products);
- fading, discolouration or damage caused by exposure to intensive or excessive light including ultra violet light, moisture or heat (including excessive steam on doors, panels, drawer fronts and cabinets);
- alterations, modifications or use of the Warranted Products which is beyond or inconsistent with the supplied product instructions and which has not been authorised by The Kitchen Yard; or
- over exposure to heat or water.
The Kitchen Yard will not, under any circumstances, be liable for indirect, special or consequential loss or damages (such as loss of use, inconvenience, loss or damage to personal property). In no event shall The Kitchen Yard liability, under this warranty for a warranted product, exceed the purchase price of that warranted product or its replacement. The Kitchen Yard's goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under UK Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Proof of Warranty Claim: Claims will not be accepted unless the original Invoice document is provided. The warranty is personal to the original purchaser of the warranted products and may not be assigned or transferred, including to any subsequent purchaser of the property upon which the warranted products are installed.